EVERY GOOD TRIP HAS A STORY
Make Yours in Renton
Welcome! Start your story in Renton, WA. Seattle’s front yard is a memorable getaway, influenced by global eats, local legends and the natural scenery. And hotels here are reasonably priced, so you’ll have more money to treat yourself (what a novel idea)!
What Will Your Story Be?
Win a Trip
Enter below to win a trip for two, including an itinerary of your choice, two-night hotel stay and dining ($1,200 value)!
ITINERARY TIPS TO START YOUR STORY
For itinerary inspiration, we turned to those who know the city best—the people who work, live and love Renton. Thank you to Renton Mayor Armondo Pavone, Mrs. Renton Jennifer Brothers and all the residents who offered their suggestions.
From Renton You Can Get to:
Mt. Rainier National Park
Coeur d'Alene, ID
Sip & Shop Tips
- Taste the distinct flavors of Pacific Northwest grapes and berries in locally made wines from Cedar River Cellars, in the Highlands neighborhood.
- Feed your need for a shopping spree at The Landing, full of local shops and national brands. Relax on-site with a glass of wine at Vino at The Landing.
- Wind down after shopping with a walk along the scenic Cedar River Trail. Prefer a lakeside stroll? The waterfront walkway at Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park is a photographic gem (check out the fabulous new playground there too).
- Watch the city come to life with coffee at a sidewalk table downtown. Common Ground Coffee & Cupcakes and Liberty Café will be ready for you.
- Venture on a treasure hunt at the Seattle Goodwill Renton location. The inventory’s also ever-changing at the charming Sparkle Gifts and Whatnots downtown.
- Tell stories over a pint of locally crafted beer at Dubtown Brewing or Four Generals Brewing, both downtown. And both are a short walk to 8-bit Arcade Bar (all ages until 9 p.m.)
- Sip and shop in the same building! Antiques 4U also houses Puget Sound Cider Company, which produces hard cider from Washington-grown apples.
- • End your day with cocktails and a waterfront sunset at dock & drink at the Hyatt Regency Lake Washington at Seattle’s Southport.
Experience & Culture Tips
- Savor authentic Thai dishes such as Phad KeeMao (vegetarian) and Heavenly Beef at Ma.La.Kor Thai. Refreshing beverages are a specialty at Ocha Thai restaurant.
- See the sea from the air! Book a day trip with Friday Harbor Seaplanes and you can have a 90-minute lunch in the San Juan Islands before flying back to Renton and Lake Washington.
- Find specialty Vietnamese and Thai food items, candy, imported gifts fresh produce and more at the spacious Viet-Wah Asian Food Market.
- Experience the East African coffee ceremony at Boon Boona Coffee, where your purchase also supports African coffee growers.
- Pay tribute to the far-reaching influence of legendary guitarist Jimi Hendrix. A 30-foot memorial stands where his remains are buried at Greenwood Memorial Park and Cemetery.
- Drawn to all things spicy? Head to Mezcal Fresh for the homemade Habanero salsa.
- Browse all the imported treasures at IKEA, then take a break just down the street at the Himalayan Café. The menu features 10 flavors of naan, plus momos (Nepalese dumplings).
- Play outdoors like a local. Maplewood Golf Course is a top-rated municipal course and is home to the RiverRock Grill. Fishing is a NW favorite too; Springbrook Trout Farm has all the tips and gear you need to make a catch of your own.
Do it All in the Legendary Downtown
- Pull up a chair under the outside umbrellas at the Whistle Stop Ale House for truffle-seasoned tater tots and craft beer from 18 taps at this downtown fixture.
- Wake up with coffee from The Rose Gift House and Coffee. Take your time and shop the unique gifts, art, jewelry and more—much of it is handcrafted.
- Plan a cheesy date you’ll remember forever. River Valley Cheese classes teach you how to make gouda, cheddar, brie and more. You’ll eat your creations and get cheese to take home.
- Wave hello to Renton’s mascot, Erasmus the dragon. He’s perched atop the building at 826 S. 3rd Street, inviting you to wander downtown for other whimsical public art.
- Browse the shelves for surprises and treasures at Apparition Books. Or take a class to make a terrarium at Urban Sprouts.
- Enjoy dinner at one of the many downtown restaurants such as Melrose Grill steakhouse, Marianna Ristorante (Italian), Salty Blue fish and chips, and Naan-n-Curry.
- Put a star on your visit with tickets to the art deco Renton Civic Theater. Musicals and other live shows draw performers and patrons from across the region.
Stay a Night (or Two!)
No matter how you spend your time in Seattle’s front yard, you’ll be rested and ready with an overnight stay in one of our hotels. All locations have made safety and cleaning an even bigger priority during COVID-19, and they welcome you for a restful, relaxing visit.