Renton welcomes you back with loads of summer events
Music pop-ups, a garden show and passports with prizes are quickly filling Renton’s summer calendar to welcome you back to town.
Check out the many reasons to return to Renton in the weeks ahead:
- Stop by Piazza Park in downtown Renton on July 24 between 3:00pm-8:30pm for a Renton River Days Pop-Up featuring “Music at the Piazza.” In partnership with Rain City Catering (Craft Beer & Wine Garden and Rain City “Too” Food Truck) and City of Renton, the inside-outside open-air event at the Renton Pavilion Event Center and Piazza Park will feature two live bands. Shop and support our local businesses, and bring your take-out to the Piazza to enjoy while listening to a bite-size dose of live music. “Off the Hook – Old Skool Kool” plays from 3:30pm-5pm, and “Benicio ‘Beni’ Bryant and Average Joe w/SoundProof” plays from 6pm-8pm.
- Support local businesses and celebrate Pride Month with a Renton Pride Passport. Visit participating locations, get a stamp and be entered to win a prize.
- Enjoy outdoor performances again! Renton Road Shows are 1-2 hour pop-up gigs by local musicians and other performers. Shows are added continuously, so check the schedule often.
- Savor flavors from India to Italy using the Taste Downtown Regional Cuisine Passport. Collect stamps from restaurants around Renton and be entered to win a prize.
- Fill up on fresh food and locally made treasures at the Renton Farmers Market. Open 3-7 p.m. every Tuesday through Sept. 28 at Gateway Park downtown.
If you haven’t been downtown for a while, you’ll notice the new sidewalks, lighting and landscaping on Wells Avenue S. on 2nd and 3rd Streets. Ongoing projects will upgrade utilities, improve pedestrian access, and change Wells Avenue S. and Williams Avenue S. into two-way streets.
Please check the construction website for updates on traffic routes and sidewalk access before you visit. Remember, you get 10 hours of free parking in the City Center Parking Garage!
Celebrate summer and Renton’s reopening at the upcoming community events.