Renton welcomes you back with loads of summer events
Music pop-ups, a garden show and passports with prizes are quickly filling Renton’s summer calendar to welcome you back to town.
Check out the many reasons to return to Renton in the weeks ahead:
- Cultivate your green thumb at Plantasia June 26-27 at the Renton Pavilion Event Center downtown. Shop for plants and ask questions of the experts. Your timed admission ticket includes food and drink samples, entertainment and prize drawings.
- Support local businesses and celebrate Pride Month with a Renton Pride Passport. Visit participating locations, get a stamp and be entered to win a prize.
- Reconnect with friends at the Renton Wine Walk July 10. Sample PNW wines at three downtown locations. Timed admission includes 10 one-ounce tasting tickets and a souvenir glass.
- Enjoy outdoor performances again! Renton Road Shows are 1-2 hour pop-up gigs by local musicians and other performers. Shows are added continuously, so check the schedule often.
- Savor flavors from India to Italy using the Taste Downtown Regional Cuisine Passport. Collect stamps from restaurants around Renton and be entered to win a prize.
- Fill up on fresh food and locally made treasures at the Renton Farmers Market. Open 3-7 p.m. every Tuesday through Sept. 28 at Gateway Park downtown.
If you haven’t been downtown for a while, you’ll notice the new sidewalks, lighting and landscaping on Wells Avenue S. on 2nd and 3rd Streets. Ongoing projects will upgrade utilities, improve pedestrian access, and change Wells Avenue S. and Williams Avenue S. into two-way streets.
Please check the construction website for updates on traffic routes and sidewalk access before you visit. Remember, you get 10 hours of free parking in the City Center Parking Garage!
Celebrate summer and Renton’s reopening at the upcoming community events.